Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Motivating Incidents

This morning on my way in to work (an Oakland university) I wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather this morning and walk/bus in.

It took longer than expected because 3 buses past us because they were so full. I was at the bus stop at this intersection. There were 3 incidents that I noticed this morning that has prompted me to start this blog and maintain a tally. We'll see how this works out.

The first incident I noticed was a cyclist, with no helmet, riding on the sidewalk across the street from my left to my right. He then decided to hop onto the street, on the opposite of the the road with oncoming city vehicles. I tried to get my camera app on my phone to snap a pic but he was able to scoot across the street and out of my view by then. He looked like a grad student in his 20s.

The next incident was a white van coming up from the hill across the street taking a very narrow left turn onto the main road, running over the, "Yield to Pedestrians" sign and dragging it about 2 feet.

The 3rd one was a good samaritan who came from the right, stopped his vehicle to fix the pedestrian sign.

The tally for today:
Ignorant Cyclist: 1
Ignorant Driver: 1
Good Samaritan Driver: 1


No comments:

Post a Comment